My adventures and other things I find interesting

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tour Guiding in Vancouver

This past long weekend I was lucky enough to have my friend, Jamie; James; Matear - depending on how well you know him - out from the big TO (aka center of the universe). He had been here before, but there's so much to see. Of course I enjoy the outdoor pursuits of the West Coast which is why I love it here. This appreciation just gets enhanced when I'm showing others around that don't live here. We went hiking up the Chief in Squamish and the clouds were high enough that we caught a great view of the inlet and valley (click on the link to get a pic). My ankle didn't feel to badly with high-topped boots and a lot of tape. The next day we went kayaking in Deep Cove with lessons from George, the expert paddler extraordinaire. It must have been feeding time for the seals as there were plenty of them around. It was great to get back doing things that I hadn't done this year and even better to have my appreciation for what's around me enhanced. Can't wait to do more!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home