My adventures and other things I find interesting

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Deeper Side

This post may show a side of me that some of you reading this may be aware of and others may not. Some of the adventures I've had in the outdoors give me a whole lot of great experiences and fulfill my love of exploring. This is a different form of exploring that I did - within myself - and had another experience of that. I just love different experiences!

I spent 4 days on Bowen Island doing what's called an Enlightenment Intensive (EI)with a great guy, Reinier. I don't feel comfortable with that name, but that's what they call it. It involves a lot of contemplation, self-inquiry and learning about yourself and your truth. If you don't want to face yourself, or uncomfortable feelings, this may not be what you are looking for. It's a structured way of experiencing what the mystics have been talking about for years and Rumi and others have written in poetry. I have some clarity now in what they are talking about. Some will gain this clarity from reading a book, others will have their own way and the EI is just one way. Meditation and being forced to sit through uncomfortable feelings has certainly helped me. I'm far from "Enlightened", but have experienced some bliss within myself that came from nothing external. This is invaluable.

As you can tell, I'm feeling fantastic. Better than I have ever been actually. For that, I'm grateful.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspected you were up to something amazing. Yesterday, while walking Moose I saw a civic pull up and it was the color of yours... I called and left you a message and then another one zipped by us in another direction. It was a sign!
Glad things are going well. Marcia

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home