My adventures and other things I find interesting

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Fraternities

I just recently heard of a new kind of fraternity initiation. I envisioned a half-shaven head, one eyebrow missing and a whole lot of alcohol - Animal House like. Was I surprised to hear of a 4 day weekend with almost no talking, introspection and specific readings!!! Some of this was frat talk, but it was to think about yourself and your life. I thought this was absolutely amazing!!! Especially to do this at such a young age! It reminded me of my retreat a couple of weeks ago. It would have been so useful to have done this years ago and to be "forced" to sit with yourself. It's still a hard kind of initiation that's for sure, but one that's meaningful and with insights that you can take into your life. I won't say which frat for privacy sakes, but it certainly makes me respect it more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home