My adventures and other things I find interesting

Friday, May 19, 2006

Grind victim

Yes, I became a Grouse Grind victim this week. Nothing serious. I hiked up the long staircase of a hike and then was coming down for some downhill training. I was feeling good on the way down so thought I'd try to go a little faster. Halfway down I rolled my ankle and had some really good crunching sounds happening. Serves me right for getting cocky with the trail. Had to get down so I just went carefully. Xrays were negative - yeah!!! I wouldn't care so much if I didn't have my 25km trail race next weekend. It would be my first running race in a few years and I was looking forward to it. Not sure if I will do it - will decide next week as it's getting better fairly quickly. Oh well. A couple of perks of my job are the free physio and also working with people with way more pain than me who can't work, etc reminds me that my race is so insignificant and I felt better having that perspective. So careful of roots and rocks and, most importantly, don't get cocky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home