My adventures and other things I find interesting

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kayak Surfing

Last weekend, George and I went out to Long Beach. We were lucky enough to get the last camping spot right on the beach. What a spectacular view to wake up to! The weather was great - not summertime warm, but nice and sunny. The surf was good - so I was told since I have no clue about that. George brought his white-water kayaks and taught me how to surf on the waves in the kayak. On my profile for internet dating - which is how we met, for those of you that didn't know that - I had a mini-challenge to find an outdoor sport that I hadn't tried, and George found one!!! I had done some white-water lessons a few years ago, but wasn't very good yet. I have a good feel of the water, probably from the summers of canoeing with my brothers in really wavy water. It was fun catching the waves and trying to keep the kayak straight. I need to work on my roll to feel more confident out there. George helped me back up when I flipped over. He is a kayak instructor and so he gives great pointers that are easy to understand. It seems to be possible to get instructions from one you are dating!!! He, of course, was showing off in the bigger waves. It's easier to pick up than regular surfing because you catch more waves and don't get as cold. I still want to try regular surfing just to try it. I did get some pics of me surfing, but don't have a digital camera yet so will post it later. Must get one soon and get with the times. Am now a surfing babe though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

2:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home