My adventures and other things I find interesting

Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Sponsor!!!

Wow! I can't believe it that after all these years since I've raced that I have a small sponsorship. Well, I'm calling it that anyways since I'm getting a deep discount on the products. Bonus, for me since I was going to use it anyways.

For my Ironman training, I was wondering what kind of nutrition I would want to use for my training and racing. A lot of the stuff out there has a lot of simple sugars and are really sweet, although taste OK, but I wanted something that would digest easily in my sensitive stomach and not give me sugar highs and lows which I'm prone to. So I decided on using Vega products which are raw, alkaline and vegan. It is a complete meal replacement with electrolytes, protein, vitamins, minerals and essential fats!!!! Yes, all in one!! I have tried training with it and am amazing at how it keeps my energy levels so steady. Another reason that I like this product is that it's formulated by a fellow pro triathlete, Brendan Brazier, who I have known from my race days. He's a wonderful guy and a fabulous triathlete. He has used this product for his races and done superbly on them. I read his book, Thrive, and really liked what he had to say. Brendan is coming out with a more comprehensive book out this spring. I was happy to find an endurance athlete who promoted this kind of eating as I hadn't found that before.

So I contacted the company with the help of another Vega user (thanks Jackie), and they were willing to help me out some. So for any of you who want to keep their energy levels steady and can trust that they are getting all the nutrients they need, try the Vega products. It's not the creamiest, sweetest tasting product, nor the cheapest, but it's OK. You get what you pay for and the results show. Not bad for a "has been" triathlete.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
Congrats on the sponsorship! Brendan is a good friend of mine. If you are vegan (or interested), do check out OrganicAthlete. If you're elite or pro in triathlete, contact us about our pro-activist team.
My best,
-Bradley

8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home