My adventures and other things I find interesting

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Clearwater Lake

The next adventure took us to Wells Gray Provincial Park. There are several lakes there, but Clearwater Lake had a rental place for canoes right on the lake so we chose that one. We had glorious weather on the Sat. The lake was very calm and hardly any other people. This was my first ever canoe camping trip. I've done boating and kayak trips, but never in a canoe, even though I had canoed a lot at our cottage. We had a campsite all to ourselves and they are very well kept. There are lots of different campsites that you can only access by canoe and for all different distances depending on how far you want to go. That night it rained hard, but was just cloudy the next day as we canoed out. We didn't have any bugs, but I have heard they can be quite back in the summer. Would love to go back.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home