My adventures and other things I find interesting

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Mt Frosty

Pete and I went to Manning Park to hike up Mt Frosty a couple of weeks after the last trip. Both him and I had a dream of one day hiking the Pacific Crest Trail(PCT) which goes from the California/Mexico border up to Manning Park. It can take 3-6 months to do the whole thing or you can break it up if you want. We thought we'd do our first backpacking trip together and go and check out the end of the PCT. I had seen it once before.



The weather was awesome for the hike. We chose not to summit up the loose scree to the top, plus it was getting later and we just got lazy. There was a great meadow just in the basin below the peak which we camped at and had to ourselves. Beautiful views there too.



The "official" campground was down in the woods with no view and not the privacy so we scored big time!!! Pete was trained in the army to have a big cup and a spoon attached with a string to it. I called it his "remedial" cup and spoon, but it works:). After the weekend, we weren't sure if we wanted to backpack for 3-6 months, but it's fun to dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home