My adventures and other things I find interesting

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Kettle Valley Railway - Myra Canyon

The Kettle Valley Railway (KVR) was part of the TransCanada Railway system. It is now a great spot to mountain bike along for miles and miles. Great for families to bike and camp along since it is mostly flat. There was some big fires here in Kelowna in 2003 which wiped out a lot of homes and burned down the KVR trestles. They have since been rebuilt in the Myra Canyon and reopened a couple of months ago. My friend, Marcia, was up here staying with me while doing some work here. We went to check it out yesterday. It was a great canyon hike although you could see the charred remains in the forest. I'd love to go back with my bike next time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home