My adventures and other things I find interesting

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Paul Simon

Well, I can scratch another thing off my list of things I want to do before I die. Seeing Paul Simon in concert was one of them. By the way, there are things on this list that don't involve risk of death, etc. Last night the only risk was driving in Vancouver which can be risky I guess. Anyways, the concert was fantastic!!! I have loved his music for years so it was great to go and hear it live and honour all the work he has done. I love the subtleties in his music and the funky rhythms. After taking guitar lessons a couple of years ago, I wanted to play some of his music. I, then, realized what difficult combinations and unique chords he uses for his music - at least it looked that way to me. Wow, no wonder his music sounds so different. I appreciated him even more learning that.

He played some of the oldies as well as some new ones from his current release, Surprise. I think he may be bored singing some of the oldies as a few of them were remixed and you had to listen closely to the words to tell that they were older songs. He did refuse to sing 'The Sound of Silence', but still had enough of the other songs to make everyone happy. Three encores later, we just wanted more from him. Oh well, I had great time and will be probably serenading my clients today with his music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home