My adventures and other things I find interesting

Sunday, September 10, 2006

New Water Sports

So I had tried 2 new water sports earlier this summer - sailing and kayak surfing. I have since tried 2 more new ones. One of my clients took me out on in Outrigger Canoe. This is a Hawaiian style canoe with a pontoon-like thing off one side for stability in the ocean. My first time out was windy and wavy so we were catching some surf on the waves. It was fun, but a lot to know about reading the ocean water. A little different than white-water river water. Anyways, she's trying to recruit me for racing. It might be a good change of pace to do a new sport with lots of fun gals. We'll see.

Then, I went paddling a couple of weeks ago with Marcia up at Bunson Lake in Port Moody. She had a surf ski while I paddled a single kayak. I tried her surf ski after and realized just how tippy those things are. Mind you, it was too long for me so hard to brace with my feet, but I sure appreciate how much work it is to paddle those things with any power!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home