My adventures and other things I find interesting

Monday, August 14, 2006

Single Again



So this is the easiest border crossing I've ever come across. I found it on my retreat to a place called Ross Lake which is about an hour south-east of Hope. I became single again about a month ago. George and I decided to go our separate ways. It was a friendly parting although sad, of course. There is a Provincial campground there with only outhouses as amenities. There is also some camping further south across the border which is free, but not on the lake and there were not many people there so I chose to pay and have a fantastic view and feel safer camping alone.

It's a great spot with views like this from my campsite.



The lake was warm enough for swimming. Lots of people fishing, boating, canoeing etc. You can't rent boats from there and have to bring it yourself. They do allow motor boats on here also. There is a playground for kids also. The lake goes south about 30 miles into the US. There is only a road that is a couple of km past the border.

There is a trail you can hike and backpack down the lake also. Another thing on my list to do. All in all it's a great place to go for anyone and of all ages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home