My adventures and other things I find interesting

Monday, August 21, 2006

Garibaldi Lake

On the August long weekend, I backpacked up to Garibaldi Lake with my friend, Helen. It's in between Squamish and Whistler and a very popular hike because it's so beautiful up there. It's about a 2 1/2-3 hour hike upa bunch of switchbacks, but, the view of the lake is worth it!!! We stayed the first night at Taylor Meadows since all of the sites at the lake were taken. It's about 2 km from the lake but with a great view of Black Tusk. Lots of flowers which were pretty, which also means lots of bugs and I'm allergic. I didn't get any stings though.

The next morning Helen ran into the ranger who said there were a bunch of sites coming free at the lake. I've never seen Helen move so fast in the morning!! We packed up and moved to a great spot right by the lake with a view of this.



We hiked up Panorama Ridge to where Helen is pointing.



It was about 4 hours round trip. You can hike along the ridge for quite a while once you are up there, but we were getting hungry for dinner. It was a fantastic view at the top. We "skied" down this snow coming back. I wish we had garbage bags to toboggan but it was still fun.



I never get tired of going up to Garibaldi. The lake was refreshing to swim in. Well, jump in and out so I didn't smell myself anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home