My adventures and other things I find interesting

Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Weekend

Well, I've just spend this year's Easter Weekend on Vancouver Island. I'm saying the Island since it feels like I've driven over a lot of it. Saturday, George had his Gutbuster race in Duncan. For those who don't know what this is - it's a hilly, trail run that went up the side of a mountain for this race. Getting an idea of why we are getting along so well??? He did well. I hadn't been feeling well all week so didn't do the race, but did part of it as a hike.

Yesterday, we took a drive over to Long Beach since we were a little tired from Saturday. I hadn't been there in a really long time. There had been a big storm there the night before and the waves were still really big - extreme on the wave rating scale. It was great to just watch them crashing into the rocks. There were a few surfers out there in the lower wave areas. George comes out here a lot to surf on the waves with his whitewater kayak, but was too tired to bother from his race. Would love to see him do it though.

Had lunch at the Wickaninnish Interpretive Centre. It overlooks the water with great views!!! This is down the road from the famous Wickaninnish Inn, which we had to stop in for a drink, just because. Had one of the best hot chocolates ever!!! For the cost, the Interpretive Centre had great ambiance, just a good a view and the food was good. Will come back here and learn how to surf. It's been on my list of things to do.

For now, it's the end of ski season for me. Only a little bit happening up at Whistler still. Time to get my bike out. Going for a mountain bike ride here in Nanaimo as soon as George gets off work. Hope you all had a great Easter!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay Kathy, thank you for the invitation to Kathy's world! Long Beach is my favourite place so it was great to hear you had a wonderful time. I highly recommend trying to learn to surf with the Brunweiller (sp?) brothers next you are there. I have not become a surfer yet but I am looking forward to my next challenge to the waves! Hang in there!

7:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home