My adventures and other things I find interesting

Monday, August 13, 2007

Lots of Penticton!!

After our holiday, we had a couple of weeks with visitors in town amongst the training a getting my work schedule sorted out. Only a little busy. From my last post, we hadn't planned to be in Penticton on our week off and I had signed up for an Ironman training camp 3 weeks later. I, also, thought that part of the camp included a short course race which I sogned up for, but I got my weekends mixed up. So I was in Penticon 3 out of 4 weekends and for those who don't now BC, it's 4 1/2 hours away. It's so beautiful up there, but this was getting ridiculous.

So I did the Peach Classic Triathlon which is an Olympic distance race. I was tired from having upped my training distance and intensity. Just missed out on the podium for my age group, oh well. Then we had a 3 day camp the following weekend with the Leading Edge Triathlon Club whom I've been doing some training with. Some people stayed up after the race for the whole week, but I had already had that previous week off so couldn't do it. The days were long and tough, but got us quite prepared for the race. It was great to go over the course again, but more importantly get to know other fellow Ironmates which will make my experience that much more enjoyable. Our coach, Andrew was awesome and the group works hard and knows how to have fun. I'm glad to be a part of that group. I was very tired after that camp, but that was my longest distances over with. Yippee!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home