My adventures and other things I find interesting

Monday, September 26, 2011

Test of Humanity



Yesterday, Kari and I did a mountain bike race down in Summerland called the Test of Humanity. It was a fundraiser for the local food bank as well as for Ethiopia. It was a cooler, overcast day out which made conditions great for riding as many laps as we could in 4 hours. It had rained the night before, but it was still pretty dusty. The trail was in good condition, scenic and rolly terrain and I could ride it all except the really steep uphill parts. I don't like courses that go straight up and then straight down. I only had 2 minor wipeouts and no new injuries!!!!! A feat for me this summer as I've been the wipeout queen - no serious injuries at least. Kari won our open 40+ ladies category and I was happy she only lapped me right near the end of the ride as she's smoking fit right now. I managed to get 3rd in our category. Not bad after having a bit of a "Bridget Jones" month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home