My adventures and other things I find interesting

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Girls Camping August Long Weekend

Well my usual August long weekend backpacking trip didn't happen as there was so much snow in the alpine this year. We ended up doing the opposite and stayed at an RV camping park on beautiful Lake Chelan, Washington and 2 blocks from town and the nearest Starbucks!! We had showers and everything:). Spent one day driving to Steven's Pass where the Pacific Crest Trail is in the area as I wanted to check more of it out for when I one day complete the trail. Had a great hike to a lookout, but after that there was still lots of snow. Drove back to Leavenworth which is a Bavarian style town. Very cute place although touristy, but worth checking out.





The next day we went to Soap Lake which is a whole lake full of minerals, etc in it and has a soapy taste to it. In the 60s there was a hospital built right on the lake for its healing properties. We went for a soak and covered ourselves in mud. Like a free spa!!! My skin did feel soft the next day!! Had a fun weekend. Next year maybe we'll get to backpack.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home