My adventures and other things I find interesting

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fires

You may have heard about the fires up here in Kelowna. They were all man made and 3 houses were burned down and some damage to a mill in town here. There are many pics on the Internet you can check out. I was on evacuation notice on Sunday. That was a bit freaky as I've never been around fires like that before. I was amazed at how fast it could all happen, but that was also due to the very high winds that night!!. Most of the fires are now contained and shouldn't pose any more problems. New fires could start and they are calling for thunderstorms in the next couple of days. The rain will help, but not the lightening. I'm hoping to go camping this weekend and it should be fine, but no campfires allowed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home